Alumni Association of Lincoln University
2020 TRUSTEE INTEREST
Dear Lions –
Think about how receiving a Lincoln University education has impacted your life. As men and women who graduated from the oldest and most profound HBCU in the United States, we are charged to ensure that our legacy lives on. To do that YOU must serve Lincoln. Serve through Your Dollars, Your Time and Your Energy.
COMMITMENT…that is what we are asking for… a COMMITMENT to SERVE.
At the May 2020 Alumni General Body Meeting we will elect:
- One Alumni Trustee – 4 year term
Running for office is simple… Serving takes COMMITMENT!!
- Must be a paid member of AALU
- Must be a paid and ACTIVE MEMBER of your LOCAL AALU chapter one year prior to election
- Must have thorough knowledge of the AALU Constitution and Bylaws
- Must be 5 years removed from the University as a student, faculty member, staff or consultant
- Demonstrate your ability to financially support the University
- Show no history of using Social Media to portray the University, AALU or the Board in a negative light
- Not be a parent of a student currently matriculating at the University
- No apparent conflict of interest or ethics violations
- Held a Senior/Executive level position in their area of professional expertise.
The online “Candidate Interest Application” and a one page Resume/Bio/CV or other biographical narrative MUST be submitted by the candidate no later than September 30, 2019.
Simply complete the application online…download and attach to your email along with the other required documents – email to firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also download and mail the completed form to: Alumni Association of Lincoln University – Nominations Committee – PO Box 7593 – Philadelphia, PA 19104 MUST BE POSTMARKED NO LATER THAN 9/30/2019.
Prompt submission will allow the Committee time to perform the due diligence (review your credentials and verify your qualifications) required in order to place your name of the Slate of Candidates that will be presented at the Annual AALU General Body Meeting on October 12, 2019.